Leadership & Teaching Vacancies
Required for September 2019
Full time - Permanent
St Columba’s Catholic primary school is a thriving, well-respected Catholic Primary school located in Rednal, Birmingham. The Local Academy Committee are seeking to appoint an Assistant Head teacher with a clear vision and a strong commitment to the needs of our school. The Assistant Headteacher will have a class responsibility (in KS2 in the first instance). The successful candidate will be well supported in fulfilling future aspirations for Deputy Headship and other leadership opportunities.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming community where staff, parents and the Local Academy Committee are dedicated to working together to achieve the best for every child.
- A stimulating learning environment with colleagues who are passionate about teaching and learning.
- Delightful, motivated and friendly children.
- The opportunity to be part of the Lumen Christi MAC
- A strong commitment to your continuing professional development.
- Supportive parent community.
Our Assistant Headteacher will:
- Be approachable, resilient and has a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be able to lead a Key Stage.
- Work in partnership with the Executive Headteacher, Head of School and Senior Leadership Team to promote the Catholic ethos of our school.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner.
- Be a positive, caring person who values and respects every individual.
- Be a team worker as well as a team leader.
- Have vision, energy and a forward-thinking outlook.
- Be proactive in supporting school development.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit with Mrs Nash the Executive Headteacher.
Application packs are available below or from the school office
0121 675 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 27th May 2019 at midday.
Interviews: Wednesday 29th May 2019.
St Columba’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required complete an enhanced DBS disclosure and will follow a stringent vetting and induction process.